Adds a shortcut in the Services section of the right click menu to remove the "quarantine" attribute from downloaded files.
Doing so prevents an alert when they are opened, and sometimes a very long delay.
How to use:
Extract the zip file and open the resulting file. Automator will prompt you to install it.
Then you can right click any file, folder, or selection of files, and select Services → UnQuarantine to remove the "quarantine" attribute from it.
Supports OS X 10.7 and newer versions, on both Intel and Apple Silicon CPUs.
Current version: 1.2.1 (2020-08-09)
macOS Patches for Unsupported Macs
I worked with Collin Mistr (dosdude1) to create patches and drivers, including support for older GPUs and USB controllers, for running unsupported newer macOS versions on older Macs. They have been incorporated into his macOS Sierra Patcher, High Sierra Patcher, Mojave Patcher, and Catalina Patcher.
Their source code is available at the bottom of the first post of this forum thread.
Program that clears your Mac's log of downloaded files to protect privacy.
Run it manually, or put it into Login Items so it will run automatically when you log in to your computer.
Supports OS X 10.5 and newer versions, on PowerPC, Intel, and Apple Silicon CPUs.
Current version: 1.3.2 (2020-12-16)
Android app which provides a quick way to search Google through text, without waiting for Google Assistant to open. Replaces your shortcut to Google Assistant.
Also enables the use of the Google Go app through the search assistant shortcut on all devices.
How to enable after installing:
Android 4.0-4.0.4 (with Google Now unofficially installed): Long press the Search button (if your device has one) and select "Use by default for this action", then tap NowKeyboard.
Android 4.1-5.1.1: Swipe up from the home button (or long press the menu button if your device has one) and tap NowKeyboard, then Always.
Android 6.0-7.1.2: Select NowKeyboard in Settings → Apps → Gear icon → Default apps → Assist.
Android 8.0 and newer versions: Select NowKeyboard as the default Assist app in Settings → Apps & notifications → Default apps → Assist & voice input.
Current version: 1.0.3 (2020-05-07)
OLPC XO Activities
When I was younger, I made programs (known as "activities") for the One Laptop Per Child XO laptop.
- I have made several jailbreak tweaks, which are available on my Cydia repository, https://parrotgeek.com/repo. Click here to add it to Cydia automatically. Their source code is available on my GitHub repository.
- I released one of the tweaks, BetterRotate for iPad, on ModMyi, a default Cydia repository. It kept the icon layout on iPads the same in both screen orientations, enabling the user to locate apps more easily. Apple added this feature in iPadOS 13. It was reviewed by ModMyi, and appeared on iDownloadBlog's July 2015 list of top iPad tweaks.
- NoBetaAlert disables the "Please update from the iOS beta" message that appears when beta versions of iOS expire. It is included in the unc0ver jailbreak.
- iFileFix stops the abandoned file browser iFile from crashing because its license server no longer exists.
- Globalize disables restrictions iOS applies based on the country an iOS device was purchased in, such as the forced camera sound on Japanese iPhones. Its source code is available on GitHub.
- NoMediaControls disables lock screen/notification center media controls on iOS 11 and newer, while keeping Control Center functionality.
- Original Siri Voice restores the original, robotic Siri voice on iOS 7-9.
- In 2011, I created a tweak that fixes the iOS 4.2.1 multitasking crash on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G.
- I created a patch for the GPS week rollover issue affecting the CDMA iPhone 4, available on GitHub.
- I helped fix Substrate Safe Mode on iOS 7. Here is the original Reddit comment (archived) with the fixed code.
Some of my software has been discontinued because other software offers the same functionality, it has been rendered unnecessary, or it has functional issues.