Adds a shortcut in the Services section of the right click menu to remove the "quarantine" attribute from downloaded files.
Doing so prevents an alert when they are opened, and sometimes a very long delay.
How to use:
Extract the zip file and open the resulting file. Automator will prompt you to install it.
Then you can right click any file, folder, or selection of files, and select Services → UnQuarantine to remove the "quarantine" attribute from it.
Supports OS X 10.7 and newer versions, on both Intel and Apple Silicon CPUs.
Current version: 1.2.1 (2020-08-09)
macOS Patches for Unsupported Macs
I previously worked with Collin Mistr (dosdude1) to create patches and drivers, including support for older GPUs and USB controllers, for running unsupported newer macOS versions on older Macs. They have been incorporated into his macOS Sierra Patcher, High Sierra Patcher, Mojave Patcher, and Catalina Patcher.
Their source code is available at the bottom of the first post of this forum thread.
Program that clears your Mac's log of downloaded files to protect privacy. Run it manually, or put it into Login Items.
Supports OS X 10.5 and newer versions, on PowerPC, Intel, and Apple Silicon CPUs.
Current version: 1.3 (2020-06-27)
A quick way to search Google through text, without waiting for Google Assistant to open. Replaces your shortcut to Google Assistant.
Also enables the use of the Google Go app through the search assistant shortcut.
How to enable after installing:
Android 4.0-4.0.4 (with Google Now unofficially installed): Long press the Search button (if your device has one), and tap NowKeyboard, then Always.
Android 4.1-5.1.1: Swipe up from the home button (or long press the menu button if your device has one), and tap NowKeyboard, then Always.
Android 6.0-7.1.2: Select NowKeyboard in Settings → Apps → Gear icon → Default apps → Assist.
Android 8.0 and newer versions: Select NowKeyboard in Settings → Apps & notifications → Default apps → Assist & voice input.
Current version: 1.0.3 (2020-05-07)
An app that enables use of Nova Launcher on Amazon tablets, which is blocked by Amazon, via an exploit I discovered.
Another user made a much improved version; please use it instead.
USB Fortress single-board computer
I designed the USB Fortress, a cheaper alternative to the Inverse Path USB Armory single-board computer, in Geppetto. It has not been produced, due to a lack of time and funds, but the design is Creative Commons licensed so anyone can produce it themselves or create their own modified version. Email me if you do.
OLPC XO Activities
When I was younger, I made programs (known as "activities") for the One Laptop Per Child XO laptop.
Tool written in C which bypasses DNS-based internet censorship even when port 53 is intercepted. Runs on all POSIX compliant OSes. Includes its own tiny single-purpose Linux distribution for secure and efficient use on the Raspberry Pi.
Current version: 1.0.5 (2020-10-08)
Where did the other tweaks go?
- I have made several jailbreak tweaks, which are available on my Cydia repository, https://parrotgeek.com/repo. Click here to add it to Cydia automatically. Their source code is available on my GitHub repository.
- I released one of the tweaks, BetterRotate for iPad, on ModMyi, a default Cydia repository. It keeps the icon layout on iPads the same in both screen orientations, enabling the user to locate apps more easily. It was reviewed by ModMyi, and appears on iDownloadBlog's list of top iPad tweaks. It is also on my Cydia repository.
- NoBetaAlert disables the "Please update from the iOS beta" mesage that appears when beta versions of iOS expire. It is now included in the unc0ver jailbreak.
- iFileFix stops the abandoned file browser iFile from crashing because its license server no longer exists.
- Globalize disables restrictions iOS applies based on the country an iOS device was purchased in, such as the forced camera sound on Japanese iPhones. Its source code is available on GitHub.
- NoMediaControls disables lock screen/notification center media controls on iOS 11 and newer, while keeping Control Center functionality.
- Hactivate enables syncing with iTunes on iOS 7-12 devices that cannot activate due to a bad baseband, even while not jailbroken.
- Original Siri Voice restores the original, robotic Siri voice on iOS 7-9.
- I created a tweak that fixes the iOS 4.2.1 multitasking crash on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G.
- I created a patch for the GPS week rollover issue affecting the CDMA iPhone 4, available on GitHub.
- I helped fix Substrate Safe Mode on iOS 7. Here is the original Reddit comment (archived) with the fixed code.
- The tweak "Unauthorized Lightning Cable Enabler" (from 2014) was an early test which did not work, but was mirrored by many repositories in spite of this before I could remove it.
- The tweak "ParrotVM" (from 2014) is no longer available because it caused sudden reboots when the virtual memory filled up, and was incompatible with iOS 7.1 and later versions, causing the device to fail to boot.
- Several of my other tweaks have been removed because they have been superceded by tweaks from other developers which are more complete and support newer iOS versions.